Re: Make ringbuffer threshold and ringbuffer sizes configurable?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Make ringbuffer threshold and ringbuffer sizes configurable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 11:00 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I.e. to maintain the current defaults, seqscan_ringbuffer_threshold
> would be -4.0, but could be also be set to an absolute 4GB (converted to
> pages). Probably would want a GUC show function that displays
> proportional values in a nice way.

I think this is kind of awkward given that our GUC system attributes
units to everything. It'd sort of be nicer to have two separate GUCs,
one measured as a multiple and the other measured in bytes, but maybe
that's just exchanging one form of confusion for another.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Make ringbuffer threshold and ringbuffer sizes configurable?
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: In PG12, query with float calculations is slower than PG11