Re: [HACKERS] Constraint exclusion for partitioned tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Constraint exclusion for partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I am guessing that for normal inheritance, a constraint on parent
> doesn't necessarily imply the same constraint on the child (Amit
> Langote gives me an example of NOT NULL constraint).

CHECK constraints that apply to the parent would apply to all
children, unless they are NO INHERIT, so even for regular inheritance,
it might still be possible to prove something by ignoring things that
won't necessarily cascade.

For partitioning, it may be that we've got enough restrictions in
place on what can happen that we can assume everything can cascade.
Actually, I hope that's true, since the partitioned table has no
storage of its own.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14759: insert into foreign data partitions fail
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Partitioning vs ON CONFLICT