Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello @All,
>

> i want to make a port away from wxWidgets to a c++ only job scheduler.
>

> Why:
>
> I want to reduce dependencies. A framework like wxWidgets should not
> installed to server systems without GUI (linux or windows server)
>
> C++ libs are already installed in most cases.
>
> i want to push / support the development.
>

> Questions:
>
> Is this supported from pgAdmin developers?
>
> Exists another point of view for this thema?

I would certainly like to see a pure C++ port of pgAgent, but I should
also point out that the current code doesn't require any of the GUI
components of wxWidgets to be installed. The problem is really with
the wxWidgets packagers, many of whom have split their packages into
GUI and non-GUI components :-(

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Linreg
Сообщение: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
От: Linreg
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only