Re: Some website tweaks

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Some website tweaks
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Shish <shish@shishnet.org> wrote:
> A couple of minor things bothered me about the current site, have fixed them
> in a local copy and published the changes:
>
> http://sites.shishnet.org:8088
> https://github.com/shish/pgadmin-www
>
> Specifically:
> - CSS has been deduplicated (one base file with pretty much everything in
> it, then rtl and ltr files which contain only the text-direction-specific
> tweaks)
> - Top menus made all boxy, rather than part-boxy-part-listy
> - The background colour boxes when hovering over the top menu entries were
> very tightly wrapped around the text; I've made them fill the whole box
> - Screenshots index has them side-by-side instead of a long list with lots
> of whitespace and scrolling
> - Link to Suse 10 XGL screenshot commented out, because 2005 called and
> asked to have its embarassing photos removed :P

LOL!!

Can you send a patch against git-head please?

> I'm also considering updating the screenshots themselves, because Windows XP
> and 90's-style Solaris desktops at 800x600 don't exactly scream "this
> software project is alive and up-to-date", but that's more effort so I
> figured I'd see if anyone cares first

I think it's safe to say that a number of us care, but have an endless
queue of higher priority items to care about :-(. I'm happy to accept
appropriate patches though, if you are able to put the effort in.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com