Re: pgsql: Remove obsolete executor cleanup code

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove obsolete executor cleanup code
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 10:08 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Amit Langote <amitlan@postgresql.org> writes:
> > After these modifications, the ExecEnd*() routines for ValuesScan,
> > NamedTuplestoreScan, and WorkTableScan became redundant. So, this
> > commit removes them.
>
> This seems like quite a bad idea.  From a documentation standpoint
> alone, it would be far better for these functions to exist but be
> empty.

Actually, the documentation aspect of this change does bother me a
bit, but I also agree with Robert's preference to remove such empty
functions altogether to shave some albeit few CPU cycles off [1].

I am fine with reverting this part if you insist though.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove obsolete executor cleanup code
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: pgsql: Show parameters of CALL as constants in pg_stat_statements