Re: Constraint's NO INHERIT option is ignored in CREATE TABLE LIKE statement

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Constraint's NO INHERIT option is ignored in CREATE TABLE LIKE statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 8:02 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Ildar Musin <ildar@adjust.com> writes:
> > My colleague Chris Travers discovered something that looks like a bug.
> > Let's say we have a table with a constraint that is declared as NO INHERIT.
> > Now when we want to make a copy of the table structure into a new table
> > the `NO INHERIT` option is ignored.
>
> Hm, I agree that's a bug, since the otherwise-pretty-detailed CREATE TABLE
> LIKE documentation makes no mention of such a difference between original
> and cloned constraint.

By the way, partitioned tables to not allow constraints that are
marked NO INHERIT.  For example,

create table b (a int check (a > 0) no inherit) partition by list (a);
ERROR:  cannot add NO INHERIT constraint to partitioned table "b"

We must ensure that partitioned tables don't accidentally end up with
one via CREATE TABLE LIKE path.  I tested Ildar's patch and things
seem fine, but it might be better to add a test.  Attached updated
patch with that taken care of.

Thanks,
Amit

Вложения

От: Michael Leonhard
Сообщение: Add PGURI env var for passing connection string to psql in Docker
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Constraint's NO INHERIT option is ignored in CREATE TABLE LIKE statement