Re: Improve the log message output of basic_archive when basic_archive.archive_directory parameter is not set

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Improve the log message output of basic_archive when basic_archive.archive_directory parameter is not set
Дата
Ответ на Re: Improve the log message output of basic_archive when basic_archive.archive_directory parameter is not set  (Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 Sep 2023, at 16:38, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> this should use errdetail() instead of errhint().  In
> the provided patch, the new message explains how the module is not
> configured.  It doesn't hint at how to fix it (although presumably one
> could figure that out pretty easily).

Fair point, I agree with your reasoning that errdetail seems more appropriate.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Improve the log message output of basic_archive when basic_archive.archive_directory parameter is not set
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: bug fix and documentation improvement about vacuumdb