Re: Compressed binary field

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Compressed binary field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 10/09/2012 15:35, Tom Lane escreveu:
> Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> writes:
>> I would like to know if there is any plan to implement compressed fields
>> (just a "flag" in the field definition, like "not null") at database
>> side (these fields are and will never be indexed neither used for search).
> Any field value over a couple kilobytes is compressed automatically;
> this has been true for more than a dozen years.  You can turn that
> off if you want, but it's done by default.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/storage-toast.html
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi, Tom!

I've read this section of manual, but I was wondering (problably I did
not fully understand the manual, maybe too technical or just my poor
english suffering here) if there is a way to force all these filed to be
compressed no matter size. I actually have more than 250,000 files in
database with 7Gb on size (about this amount every 6 months).

Thanks,

Edson