Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message

От Kääriäinen Anssi
Тема Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"""
What I want to find in the end is something which tells me "this row
causes the error". Unfortunately, as the new row of the table with the
constraint is not yet on disk, it doesn't really have its own ctid, and
therefore I cannot report that. (Which makes sense, obviously.)
"""

Would an error with the row's PK value be useful? Something like "row
with primary key 'pk_val' fails check 'foo_check'". That would be limited
in size, yet give some context.

There are two problems I can see: - The PK value doesn't necessarily identify the row in any useful   manner (SERIAL
primarykey in INSERT). - The table might lack PK constraint (skip the detail in this case?)
- Anssi

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Disable OpenSSL compression
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [patch] Include detailed information about a row failing a CHECK constraint into the error message