Re: persistent db connections in PHP

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: persistent db connections in PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At least in mySQL Any temporary tables are known only t the connection that
you have created e.g.

/*****connected as root to localhost *********/
mysql> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE test.TEMP_TABLE (COL VARCHAR(20));
ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table 'temp_table' already exists
mysql> SELECT * from test.TEMP_TABLE;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql> INSERT INTO test.TEMP_TABLE VALUES ('FooBar');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec)
mysql> commit;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from test.TEMP_TABLE;
+--------+
| COL    |
+--------+
| FooBar |
+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
/**********we see that the TEMP_TABLE exists and has 1 row of Data Inserted
*******/

/************Second connection ****************/
C:\MySQL>.\bin\mysql -u test
Your MySQL connection id is 26
Server version: 5.0.37-community-nt MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

mysql> status;
--------------
\bin\mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.37, for Win32 (ia32)

Connection id:          26
Current database:
Current user:           test@localhost
SSL:                    Not in use
Using delimiter:        ;
Server version:         5.0.37-community-nt MySQL Community Edition (GPL)
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             localhost via TCP/IP
Server characterset:    latin1
Db     characterset:    latin1
Client characterset:    latin1
Conn.  characterset:    latin1
TCP port:               3306
Uptime:                 2 hours 29 min 21 sec

Threads: 2  Questions: 64  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 25  Flush tables: 1  Open
tab
les: 6  Queries per second avg: 0.007
--------------

mysql> select * from test.TEMP_TABLE;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'test.temp_table' doesn't exist

/*********this proves that a second connection cannot see temp tables
created by the first connection*****/
I *****assume***** the same is true for Postgres!

HTH
Martin--

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Dynamically generating DDL for postgresql object
От: PFC
Сообщение: Re: persistent db connections in PHP