WIP: AuthenticationMD5 protocol documentation clarification

От Cyan Ogilvie
Тема WIP: AuthenticationMD5 protocol documentation clarification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This is my first patch, so I hope I've got the process right for submitting patches.

I'm building a driver to talk version 3.0 of the protocol, and generally I've found the documentation to be excellent.  One are I had trouble with was responding to the AuthenticationMD5Password challenge.  After receiving help on IRC, I've attached a patch to the protocol documentation attempting to clarify what is expected by the backend, basically:

concat(
    'md5',
    hex_encode(
        md5(
            concat(
                hex_encode(
                    md5(
                        concat(password, username)
                    )
                ),
                salt
            )
        )
    )
)

My technical writing skills were not up to wording that in plain english, and it seems like the rest of the documentation for the protocol steers clear of anything that looks like code.  Is this policy in this area or is the code-esque description ok?

No code is changed, only documentation, so I've left out the code-relevant patch info fields

Patch info:

Project name: postgresql
Branch: master

Cyan

Вложения

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: heap vacuum & cleanup locks
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum, visibility maps and SKIP_PAGES_THRESHOLD