Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: patch review : Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Also, once you free yourself from the analogy to work_mem, you could
> adopt some more natural unit than KB.  I'd think MB would be a practical
> unit size, and would avoid (at least for the near term) the need to make
> the parameter a float.

As long as users can specify any unit when they input the parameter it
doesn't really matter what unit the variable is stored in. I'm not
sure the GUC infrastructure can currently handle megabytes as the
native units for a guc though.

--
greg

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: InitProcGlobal cleanup
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: storing TZ along timestamps