Re: FK NOT VALID can't be deferrable?

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: FK NOT VALID can't be deferrable?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 June 2011 07:56, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Testing the CHECK NOT VALID patch i found $subject... is this intended?

I just noticed that too, and was about to raise it as a bug.

If it is intended, then it's not documented.

I noticed it while browsing gram.y, and thought it looks a bit ugly
having 2 almost identical code blocks, one for the normal case and one
for NOT VALID. The second block doesn't have a
ConstraintAttributeSpec, so won't allow any deferrable options.

Aside from the ugliness of the code, we can't just add a
ConstraintAttributeSpec to the second block, because that would
enforce an order to these options.

OTOH adding NOT VALID to ConstraintAttributeSpec is a bit invasive,
since it's used in quite a few places, including CREATE TABLE, where
NOT VALID is never allowed.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Dean

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build