Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 30, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Appears to be sheer blather, or at least not tempered by any thoughts
> of whether it'd work in special cases.

As the author of that blog post, I'd go with option (b).  :)  And that lack of tempering was actually the point.

The point there was that having the tablespace directories disappear shouldn't be considered a normal operational
model. (Like, for example, putting a tablespace in a RAM disk.)  There's no question that you can patch the database
backtogether if the underlying storage of a tablespace disappears, but that should be thought of as disaster recovery,
notas a "oh, third time this week" operation.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Simple SQL INSERT to avoid duplication failed: why?
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: OK to put temp tablespace on volatile storage or to omit it from backups?