Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Jul 19, 2020, at 14:25, Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@am-soft.de> wrote:
> Would I need to restore the whole dump as super user? But how do I own
> all those restored contents to some other database user afterwards?

In this case, you may need to change the ownership of the various objects directly in the database, rather than using
dump/restoreas a way of changing ownership all at once.  This is not infrequent when you have an existing database in
whicha superuser owns everything
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Thorsten Schöning
Сообщение: Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: PG 9.5.5 cores on AIX 7.1