Re: pg_dump -Fd and compression level

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: pg_dump -Fd and compression level
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> I propose to tighten pg_dump's rules so that only 0..9 are accepted as
>> arguments for -Z, and in compress_io.c:cfopen(), if compression is
>> equal to Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION, not add any explicit compression value
>> to the mode, thus using the zlib default.
>>

>As per attached patch.
>
>Comments?

It seems that the first test on the compression in pg_backup_tar.c is now obsolete.
It didn't make much sense anyway.

 211         if (AH->compression < 0 || AH->compression > 9) 212             AH->compression = Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION;
213 214         /* Don't compress into tar files unless asked to do so */ 215         if (AH->compression ==
Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION)216             AH->compression = 0; 217  218         /* 219          * We don't support
compressionbecause reading the files back is not 220          * possible since gzdopen uses buffered IO which totally
screwsfile 221          * positioning. 222          */ 223         if (AH->compression != 0) 224
exit_horribly(modulename,225                      "compression is not supported by tar archive format\n"); 226     }
regards,Marc  > >cheers > >andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump -Fd and compression level
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: polymorphic types - enforce casting to most common type automatically