Re: Psycopg3 fails to resolve 'timezone localtime' on MacOS

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Psycopg3 fails to resolve 'timezone localtime' on MacOS
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On May 5, 2022, at 8:43 PM, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 03:04, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone run into This?
>>
>> Psycopg3 fails to resolve timezone localtime on MacOS (Catalina).
>
> That warning is typical on Windows, which doesn't have a system
> timezone database, and on minimal Alpine installations, where the apk
> package 'tzdata' must be installed. Never seen it reported on macOS
> before.
>
> The workaround on Windows is to install the python package tzdata
> (https://pypi.org/project/tzdata/), which is a windows dependency of
> psycopg.
>
> Maybe you have a broken python package called tzdata? Your Python
> installation seems mildly broken.

Hmmm,dunno everything else is, and has worked perfectly.

I'll try a clean venv  to include tzdata and see if that helps anything.

Already did try installing tzdata and got a backtrace showoing that it was being used.  Still literally says something
like"FileNotFoundError, $tzdir/localtime".

As for Psycopg3 in general... Very, very nice work.

Cheers!

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Psycopg3 fails to resolve 'timezone localtime' on MacOS
От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Psycopg3 fails to resolve 'timezone localtime' on MacOS