Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> elog(FATAL) is *certainly* not a better idea.  I think there's really
>>> nothing that can be done, you just have to silently ignore the error.
>
>> Hmm.. some functions called by a signal handler use elog(FATAL), e.g.,
>> RecoveryConflictInterrupt() do that when unknown conflict mode is given
>> as an argument. Are these calls unsafe, too?
>
> [ shrug... ]  I stated before that the Hot Standby patch is doing
> utterly unsafe things in signal handlers.  Simon rejected that.
> I am waiting for irrefutable evidence to emerge from the field
> (and am very confident that it will be forthcoming...) before
> I argue with him further.  Meanwhile, I'm not going to accept anything
> unsafe in a core facility like this patch is going to be.

Oh.  I thought you had ignored his objections and fixed it.  Why are
we releasing 9.0 with this problem again?  Surely this is nuts.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master