Re: gSoC add MERGE command new patch -- merge_v104

От Boxuan Zhai
Тема Re: gSoC add MERGE command new patch -- merge_v104
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:02:41PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 24/08/10 16:35, Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I finished the MERGE on inheritance tables. Now comes the merge_v201
>
> Oh, great! That means that all the known issues are fixed now, and
> all that's left is fixing any issues raised in review.
>
> I've added this to the September commitfest, but I hope I'll find
> some time to look at this before that. I welcome anyone else to
> review this too!
I have to ask one question: On a short review of the discussion and
the patch I didn't find anything about the concurrency issues
involved (at least nodeModifyTable.c didnt show any).
Whats the plan to go forward at that subject? I think the patch needs
to lock tables exclusively (the pg level, not access exclusive) as
long as there is no additional handling...

Thanks for the work Boxuan!

The concurrency issues are not involved. I don't know much about this part. I think we need more discussion on it.

Andres

PS: The patch reintroduces some whitespace damage...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: HS/SR on AIX
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: No documentation for filtering dictionary feature?