Re: Progress indication prototype

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Progress indication prototype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> (Sorry for top posting and for any typos -- typing on my phone)
>
> In my earlier patch to do progress indicators for arbitrary SQL queries I
> had envisioned a setup similar to how we handle query cancellation. Psql
> could support a key like SIGINFO which would make it request an update.
> Clients like pgadmin would either do that periodically or set some guc or
> protocol option to request periodic updates in advance.

Which is ideal for monitoring your own connection - having the info in
the pg_stat_activity is also valuable for monitoring and system
administration. Both would be ideal :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: "Matthew D. Fuller"
Сообщение: Re: git: uh-oh
От: KaiGai Kohei
Сообщение: Re: security label support, part.2