Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Guess guessing, but I bet the collation is what hurts, [...]

> (The background for my guess: on your Linux box UTF-8 is likely the
> normal local encoding, but on Windows that isn't true, and 1252 is
> _almost_ but not quite Unicode.  This bites people generally in
> internationalization.)

I beg your pardon, but Windows-1252 has nothing to do with Unicode
or UTF-8.  The only connection is that Windows-1252 and UTF-8 both
are ASCII supersets.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: restore crashes PG on Linux, works on Windows