Re: PG replication across DataCenters

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Дата
Re: PG replication across DataCenters
Список pgsql-general
Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> I have read on the web that Postgresql DB supports replication across data centers. Any real life
> usecase examples if it has been implemented by anyone.

Well, we replicate a 1 TB database between two locations.
It is a fairly active OLTP application, but certainly not
pushing the limits of what PostgreSQL can do in transactions
per second.

But I get the impression that replication is widely accepted
and used by now.

>                                                        Please also help me understand the caveats i
> need to take care if i implement this setup.

Don't use synchronous replication if you have a high transaction
rate and a noticable network latency between the sites.

Wait for the next bugfix release, since a nasty bug has just
been discovered.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Kaushal Shriyan
Сообщение: PG replication across DataCenters
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: PG replication across DataCenters