Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > > Maybe the question I need to ask is "how can I store the time zone along with the timestamp"
> >
> > Store an additional field "offset".
> > If you want to invest more energy and don't mind writing C,
> > you could create your own data type.
>
> Might not a composite type (timestamp without timezone, interval) suffice ?

Depends on what you want.

If all you want is store timestamp and time zone, a composite
type is fine.

> Or does that still need some C sprinkling (for operator support, say) ?

Exactly. If you want "<" to work right for this data type
that's the road you have to go.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with and without timezone conversion confusion.
От: David Rysdam
Сообщение: partitioning for speed, but query planner ignores