Re: pg_upgrade (12->14) fails on aggregate

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: pg_upgrade (12->14) fails on aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 29 Jun 2022, at 23:07, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 10:58:44PM +0500, Andrey Borodin wrote:
>>> On 28 Jun 2022, at 04:30, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nope, it's as I said: this would break pg_upgrade from older versions.
>>
>> As far as I understand 9.5 is not supported. Probably, it makes sense to keep pg_upgrade running against 9.5
clusters,but I'm not sure if we do this routinely.

> As of last year, there's a reasonably clear policy for support of old versions:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/pgupgrade.html
> |pg_upgrade supports upgrades from 9.2.X and later to the current major release of PostgreSQL, including snapshot and
betareleases.
This makes sense, thank you for clarification.

The patch is marked WiP, what is in progress as of now?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade (12->14) fails on aggregate
От: Erik Rijkers
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 15 beta 2 release announcement draft