Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Speed up clean meson builds by ~25%
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.05.24 23:01, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 4:59 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As I mentioned upthread, I'm more worried about confusing error
>> reports than the machine time.
>
> Well, Jelte fixed that.
>
>> I grant that there are people who are more affected, but still, I'd
>> just as soon not contort the build rules for a temporary problem.
>
> Arguably by doing this, but I don't think it's enough of a contortion
> to get excited about.
>
> Anyone else want to vote?

I retested the patch from 2024-04-07 (I think that's the one that "fixed
that"?  There are multiple "v1" patches in this thread.) using gcc-14
and clang-18, with ccache disabled of course.  The measured effects of
the patch are:

gcc-14:   1% slower
clang-18: 3% faster

So with that, it doesn't seem very interesting.

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: pg_combinebackup does not detect missing files
От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: libpq compression (part 3)