Re: identifier will be truncated

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: identifier will be truncated
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Joao,

> On 08. Feb, 2021, at 17:39, Joao Miguel Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> NOTICE:  identifier "y1972_1004_vat_periodic_declaration_suppliers_lines_dupl_c24_liq" will be truncated to
"y1972_1004_vat_periodic_declaration_suppliers_lines_dupl_c24_li"

> Please advise on what I should do about it or if this might be a potential problem that I should address.

this is an indication that your object name is longer than 63 characters, which is a hard coded limit.

You have two options:

a) compile the PostgreSQL software from source and increase that limit (which I wouldn't recommend), or

b) use shorter object names (table-, view-, sequence-, column-, whatever names) with a maximum length of 63 characters.

Cheers,
Paul

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: identifier will be truncated
От: Taranum Fatima
Сообщение: Postgres 9.4 Needed