Re: Multiple Columns Keys - Good or Bad idea?

От Rob Brown-Bayliss
Тема Re: Multiple Columns Keys - Good or Bad idea?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> I'd go for the first method. If you need to refer to the integrated table
> often (e.g. as foreign key in other tables), it may be a good idea to give it
> a new sequence. So the integrated table will have location, the sequence
> number at the remote site, and a unique local sequence number.

Thanks folks,

I have decided to mix and match, I have changed the primary key to a
text field and created a function that merges the location ID and the
sequence like '46-153453'

So I can still get the data from specific sites if needed and have only
one key...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss