re-post

От Matthew Hixson
Тема re-post
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Amy Cheng requested that I post her reply to me back to the list since she did
not have a copy of it.
  -M@

hi,

search or browse "functions" and "PL/pgSQL" (and tcl and c/spi), "triggers".
enough to start-up ;-)
also, there is examples in the source's test directory.

but, you are right, not in depth enough. I asked Several times, in
different forms, in this list, NOT a SINGLE answer! Seems that
nice expert are scarce nowadays. Let me put those questions
together anyway, let's see ...

the difference between Oralce's PL/SQL and PL/pgSQL (so
that we can use the books on PL/SQL),

the difference between PL/pgSQL and tcl (note that postgreSQL also support
tcl now),

does PL/pgSQL support array-like feature? how about tcl in postgreSQL?

if I want use OS (i.e. external to dababase), can I use PL/pgSQL or tcl? if
in C (spi), is it easy? anyway to get perl involved?

--
Matthew Hixson - CIO
FroZenWave Communications

От: Howie
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] lo_* interface ...
От: Teodor Cimpoesu
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL table data structure generator...