Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?
Дата
Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?  (Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net> writes:
> --On fredag, april 22, 2005 11.01.32 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> wrote:
>> I'm wondering about misassignment of data types or something.  It's not
>> clear though how that would result in no error but zero rows returned.
>> What are the column data types exactly?

> userid is text   (setInt())
> courseid is int  (setString())

The tcpdump shows that JDBC is specifying the parameter types as 1043
(varchar) and 23 (int4).  It's hard to believe that varchar versus
text would be an issue ... but ... what happens if you do this in
psql?
    select lang from participant
    where userid = 'mango'::varchar and course_id = 38;

От: Palle Girgensohn
Сообщение: Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: BUG? res.next() == false, but psql finds tuples?