Re: OO Patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OO Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
>> Certainly libpq is unprepared to support
>> multiple tuple types returned in one SELECT

> IIRC Bruce removed that feature in Pg95 days claiming that it would
> not be needed. If backend starts to support it again it would be
> relatively easy to put back in.

Would it?  libpq's internals might not care much, but it seems to me
that a rather significant API change would be needed, thus risking
breaking client applications.  I'd want to see how the libpq API
changes before deciding how easy or hard this is ...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: OO Patch
От: "Hiroshi Inoue"
Сообщение: RE: Performance (was: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server))