Re: FW: SUSE repositories not longer available

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: FW: SUSE repositories not longer available
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Thu, 2024-02-29 at 16:40 +0000, Or Cohen wrote:
> I will also add that when installing on SUSE 15 SP 4 it attempts to
> access the repository:
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/zypp/15/suse/sles-15.4-x86_6
> , and it happens similarly on all versions of PostgreSQL repositories.

Yes, I removed all of the 15.4 (and older) from the repos this week
intentionally. Per these news:

https://zypp.postgresql.org/news/pgdg-zypp-repo-gpg-key-update/

and

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/122-Installing-PostgreSQL-on-SLES-15-just-got-easier-and-better!.html

I had to clean up everything old and start a new one, as the previous
repo layout was extremely messy, taking a lot of disk space than we
actually needed and it would take a lot of resources to install SP4 from
scratch, and rebuild packages on that one (and the dependencies would be
more messy)

OTOH, SLES 15 SP5 will be a new starting point, and I'll keep that
directory longer as compared to the previous versions.

I also removed SLES 12 SP4 and older for a different reason. Only SLES
12 SP 5 is there now for SLES 12.

> PostgreSQL 16 repository for SUSE 12 SP 5 is not mentioned at all at
> the updated howto: https://zypp.postgresql.org/howtozypp/.

See this:

https://zypp.postgresql.org/news/sles12-postgresql-rpms-end-of-life/

I already EOLed PostgreSQL 16 on SLES 12 (and RHEL 7 for the same
reason)

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor

От: Or Cohen
Сообщение: FW: SUSE repositories not longer available
От: HELMER Mathieu
Сообщение: SLES repos unavailable following february changes