Re: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris

От McCaffity, Ray (Contractor)
Тема Re: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not true, you have to create an /etc/shells file.
But this is a little off topic.

--------------example - /etc/shells --------
/bin/ksh
/bin/csh
/bin/bash
...etc...
------------- cut here ---------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Berndtsson [mailto:tomas@nocrew.org]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 7:46 AM
To: Tom Lane
Cc: Randall Perry; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Randall Perry <rgp@systame.com> writes:
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in root & postgres login script, but strange
things
> > are happening with it. If I ssh into server using postgres account
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set. But if I su postgres from another account it
isn't,
> > though all other variables from login script are set ok.
>
> Hm.  Not sure about Solaris, but on HPUX plain "su postgres" does not
> run postgres' login script.  You have to do "su - postgres" to make that
> happen.  Perhaps Solaris has some similar distinction?

Solaris is paranoid. It will only read the profile files for 'su -
user' if the shell for the user is '/usr/bin/sh'. Nothing else is
allowed, or the profile file is not read.

At least this is true for Solaris 8, not sure about others.

Tomas

От: Randall Perry
Сообщение: Re: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris
От: Jérôme Tollet
Сообщение: INT UNSIGNED problem