Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL web speed

От Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com
Тема Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL web speed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry, I meant how fast the data comes back from the SELECT statement, not
display in a page.

-----Original Message-----
From: nconway@klamath.dyndns.org [mailto:nconway@klamath.dyndns.org]
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 1:14 PM
To: Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle vs. PostgreSQL web speed

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 12:21:04PM -0400, Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com
wrote:
> Are there any benchmarks for Oracle vs. PostgreSQL primarily for
> SELECTs.

Oracle don't allow benchmarks to be published without their consent, it's in
their EULA.

> I'm trying to figure out which is faster for web page display (ASP,
> JSP, etc).

Since a relational database does not "display" web pages, I doubt you're
going get very far.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

От: nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Сообщение: Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL web speed
От: Randall Perry
Сообщение: Serious environment problem with 7.2 on Solaris