Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/22/20 10:24 AM, Surya Widyanto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have PostgreSQL v12.3 (x64) installed on my Laptop running Windows 10
> Home Single Language (64-bit).
> In two or three times since I fresh install the PostgreSQL and windows
> on 17-05-2020, 06:04:56 (GMT).
> By two or three times I mean, if this slow connection problem happen,
> than it wil occur in a view days in a row. Then it will return to normal
> with fast login/connection process.
>
> I've try to restart the laptop, restart the service but nothing give the
> sign to improve the slow login/connection process.
>
> I've also try to turn off the *log_hostname* config in *postgresql.conf*
> and try to turn off the *Windows Firewall, Windows Defender Real-Time
> Scanner* but nothing works to improve the slow login connection.
>
> I've also try to check the Postgres Log file but not much error shows in
> the log except for this error that appears a few time:
> 2020-07-22 14:43:22.312 +00 [13740] LOG:  could not receive data from
> client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Is the database server you are connecting to on the laptop or some other
machine?

Where is this Postgres log?

> This problem happens with all of the application such as *psql*,
> *pgAdmin*, *Navicat*, all with the same symptoms of slow
> login/connection to my PostgreSQL v12.3 (x64) service and if connected,
> then it will be easy to disconnected.
>
> If needed my laptop specs are:
>
>   * Intel Core i7-9750H
>   * 16GB of RAM
>   * Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
>
> Is database size can affect this connection time required to start a
> database session?

No, a connection does not read the entire database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Doubt in mvcc
От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt