should the postgres user have a password?

От Anton Melser
Тема should the postgres user have a password?
Дата
Re: should the postgres user have a password?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I have never given postgres a password before, but one of my clients
put one on his postgres user - I suppose so he could use the postgres
user from phppgadmin (not my choice !).
But now I can't see how to get my backup scripts to work... can I put
the password for tools like pg_dumpall (or psql, or whatever) on the
CL. There is no option in the docs...
Would it be better to remove the password (if so, any pointers, I
couldn't find that either!) and make postgres only able to connect via
pipes?
Thanks again,
Anton
ps. I did google but obviously couldn't find the right combo of keywords...

От: "Lonni J Friedman"
Сообщение: querying the age of a row
От: "Anton Melser"
Сообщение: Re: should the postgres user have a password?