Re: OpenBSD/Sparc status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OpenBSD/Sparc status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> I guess my concern is that on Sparc64/OpenBSD-3.6* at least, this bug is
> exposed by the seg tests but might well occur elsewhere and bite us in
> various unpleasant ways.

The experimentation I did to develop the test case suggested that the
problem only occurs when the result of a function returning float is
stored directly into a union member.  That's a sufficiently weird case
that I'm reasonably confident it doesn't occur elsewhere in the backend.
It might be worth Stefan's time to vary the test case a bit (eg try
double instead of float, struct instead of union, etc) and see just how
general the bug is.

От: jseymour@linxnet.com (Jim Seymour)
Сообщение: Fix for "q" with psql display paging dumps out of psql
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: bug/issue tracking system?