Re: PITR

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To answer your question, logging DDL does not have ANYTHING to do with PITR.  So the answer is "NO, you cannot do PITR by just logging logging DDL".

You have to use binary backups and continuous WAL logging to be able to do PITR.  There are many tools out there to do that.  The best one in my opinion is PGBackrest.

Regards,
Michael Vitale

Ron Johnson wrote on 5/17/2024 9:26 AM:
On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 7:35 AM Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to verify one thing. If I am logging only ddl and if somebody update data incorrectly and if we don't know the time, can we do pitr or not?

 If your system is busy, then log_statement = 'mod' is going to generate a LOT of pg_log data.

Regards,

Michael Vitale

Michaeldba@sqlexec.com

703-600-9343