Re: Maintenance

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Maintenance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sunil Jadhav schrieb am 08.05.2024 um 11:17:
> We have a 12TB db and one table having around 7 TB data , is there
> any option we can removed the dead tuple and size also increase for
> that partition without downtime . Vaccum full  we can't do because of
>  exclusive lock in tables during processing.
>
> We have critical application so don't get the downtown so how to
> achieve this please let us know

Have a look at pg_squeeze or pg_repack but both will create a copy of the table,
so if you don't have enough free disk space neither is an option.

You probably also want to investigate if making autovacuum more aggressive
helps

Did you validate that those dead tuples you see really are a problem and
are not re-used?