Re: initdb - encoding question

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: initdb - encoding question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
initdb -E en_CA.utf-8 -D /export/home/sjothirajah/postgres8.3/pgsql/data
gives this error
initdb: "en_CA.utf-8" is not a valid server encoding name

Thanks
josh

On Dec 3, 2007 1:01 PM, brian < brian@zijn-digital.com> wrote:
Josh Harrison wrote:
> Hi
> Im tying to initialize the cluster using initdb and encoding 'UTF8'
> initdb -E UTF8 -D /export/home/josh/postgres8.3/pgsql/data
>
> But I get this error
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "josh".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locales
>   COLLATE:  en_CA.ISO8859-1
>   CTYPE:    en_CA.ISO8859-1
>   MESSAGES: C
>   MONETARY: en_CA.ISO8859-1
>   NUMERIC:  en_CA.ISO8859-1
>   TIME:     C
> initdb: encoding mismatch
> The encoding you selected (UTF8) and the encoding that the
> selected locale uses (LATIN1) do not match.  This would lead to
> misbehavior in various character string processing functions.
> Rerun initdb and either do not specify an encoding explicitly,
> or choose a matching combination.
>
> Why do I get this error? How can I solve this?
> Thanks
> josh

ISO8859-1 is "latin 1". Try using en_CA.utf-8 instead.

brian

От: "Dave Horn"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres shutting down by itself...why?
От: cliff@krumvieda.com
Сообщение: Transaction isolation and constraints