Re: \dt shows table but \d says the table doesn't exist ? Поиск
От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: \dt shows table but \d says the table doesn't exist ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/3/24 21:06, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Friday, May 3, 2024, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>

>     By and large, I'd expect people using mixed-case table names to get
>     accustomed pretty quickly to the fact that they have to double-quote
>     those names in SQL.  I don't see why it's a surprise that that is also
>     true in \d commands.
>

> Every day the number of people increases who get mixed-case names in
> their DB because their client language preserves case and doesn’t
> require quoting.

In a sense they do by making quoting the default, which people find out
when they stray from the language/ORM/framework and get pointed at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

> And it isn’t like any sane person is using case to distinguish names in
> their DB and so would be at risk of seeing multiple unwanted matches for
> any given pattern.

Have you met people?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: \dt shows table but \d says the table doesn't exist ?
От: "David G. Johnston"