Re: psql \r changed behavior in pg10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql \r changed behavior in pg10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, Emanuel Araújo <eacshm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> \r
>> \e
>> -> Open temp file with the same last command "select 1;"
>> is it right?

> Documentation since v10:
> Or, if the current query buffer is empty, the most recently executed query
> is copied to a temporary file and edited in the same fashion.

There's some discussion around that in this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/9b4ea968-753f-4b5f-b46c-d7d3bf7c8f90%40manitou-mail.org

The key point is that \r in this case used to clear the "previous query"
buffer since there was nothing for it to remove from the "current query"
buffer.  I argued then that that was confusing and counterproductive,
and I still think that.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: psql \r changed behavior in pg10
От: Samarendra Sahoo
Сообщение: Re: How to enable TDE on Postgresql 12.3 deployed using Kubernetes