Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/runtime.sgml rc/back ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/runtime.sgml rc/back ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> tgl@svr1.postgresql.org (Tom Lane) writes:
>> Repair error apparently introduced in the initial coding of GUC: the
>> default value for geqo_effort is supposed to be 40, not 1.  The actual
>> 'genetic' component of the GEQO algorithm has been practically disabled
>> since 7.1 because of this mistake.

> Is this worth considering for a backport to the 7.4 branch?

Considering it's been broken for several releases and no one noticed,
I'm not sure it's critical.  This is just something I noticed while
looking at Mike's recent complaint that GEQO is too slow.  This change
actually makes it slower :-( but I'm hoping to find that we can buy
that back with other improvements.

От: tgl@svr1.postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
Сообщение: pgsql-server/src backend/executor/Tag: backend ...
От: dennis@svr1.postgresql.org (Dennis Bjorklund)
Сообщение: pgsql-server/src/backend/po sv.po