Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
robert <robertlazarski@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm getting this error:

> psql -h localhost atdev < fuk2.sql
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe1204f
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
> the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
> "client_encoding".

Well, that isn't UTF8, and it isn't plain ASCII either.  I'm betting
it's a single-byte encoding, probably one of the ISO-8859 series.
Have you looked at the data to see what *you* think the character is?
(Feed the script to psql with -f, not <, to get a line number for
the error.)

От: "Douglas McNaught"
Сообщение: Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Hijack!