Re: [GENERAL] Using cp to back up a database?

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Using cp to back up a database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/09/2017 01:02 PM, Scott Mead wrote:

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
Maybe my original question wasn't clear, so I'll try again: is it safe to do a physical using cp (as opposed to rsync)?

Yes -- however you must configure WAL archiving first.  If not, no backup tool, cp, rsync, etc... will provide a good backup.

Oh, and BTW -- The obligatory: You are on an ancient, EOL version of PG.  Upgrade.

Make sure that these are set:
- archive_mode
- archive_command

Then, on when you restore the backup, you need to create a recovery.conf and configure
- restore_command

This is good to know.  Thanks.

От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Using cp to back up a database?
От: "Igal @ Lucee.org"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Permissions for Web App