Re: Allow deleting enumerated values from an existing enumerated data type

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Allow deleting enumerated values from an existing enumerated data type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/28/23 14:13, Данил Столповских wrote:
> Greetings, everyone!
> I would like to offer my patch on the problem of removing values from enums
>
> It adds support for expression ALTER TYPE <enum_name> DROP VALUE
> <value_name>
>
> Added:
> 1. expression in grammar
> 2. function to drop enum values
> 3. regression tests
> 4. documentation

Thanks for this patch that a lot of people want.

However, it does not seem to address the issue of how to handle the
dropped value being in the high key of an index.  Until we solve that
problem (and maybe others), this kind of patch is insufficient to add
the feature.
--
Vik Fearing

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pg_resetwal: Corrections around -c option
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Set enable_seqscan doesn't take effect?