Re: --enable-thread-safety bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com> writes:
> I could do that - but in my situation I am not using threads so I
> really don't need --enable-thread-safety
> turned on. The freebsd ports maintainer for postgresql decided
> everybody should have it whether they
> needed it or not. I simply deleted the option from the freebsd
> makefile rebuilt the port - relinked my app
> and no more problem. I just thought the postgresql developers would
> want to know there was a bug. If
> they don't care to investigate or trouble shoot the bug it is fine by me.

I don't think you grasp the situation, Steve.  Having
enable-thread-safety turned on is standard across a wide swath of the
world, and yet nobody else has reported severe memory leaks in ecpg.
So there's something very specific to what your app is doing that
triggers the problem.  There's little point in anyone else investigating
unless you can give them a test case that reproduces the misbehavior.

I can assure you we would like to fix the problem if we can find it.
But with no cooperation from you, we'll just have to wait until someone
else stumbles across it and can show us exactly how to make it happen.

От: Steve Clark
Сообщение: Re: --enable-thread-safety bug
От: "Alain Roger"
Сообщение: scheduling stored procedure