Re: Return value in function/trigger

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Return value in function/trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> writes:
> Which is better/faster and why? I would think there is some overhead
> in returning NEW whereas returning NULL would have less?

I'd suspect returning NULL (or just 'RETURN;') would be a few cycles
faster. However, unless the tuple you're returning is *really* large, I
doubt it would make a significant performance difference.

Cheers,

Neil

От: Jeffrey Melloy
Сообщение: Re: Getting a list of tables in a database with Perl
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Request for reference sites