Re: an efficient way of checking if the connection to a db is actually open

От Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема Re: an efficient way of checking if the connection to a db is actually open
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Assad Jarrahian <jarraa 'at' gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>    Trying to check if a connection is actually open every time I perform an
> operation (if not, I want to reopen it and perform that operation).

Why not performing the operation anyway, and when it fails
reopening the connection and retrying the operation?

Seems that it's the idea the JDBC designers had in mind, which
doesn't seem too stupid.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: an efficient way of checking if the connection to a db
От: "shrenik vikam"
Сообщение: problem of network is unreachable