Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Дата
Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:55:43AM -0500, Hogan, James F. Jr. wrote:
>> Only specific tables.
>>
>> Of the 150 plus existing there are only 8 or 10 that hold sensitive
>> data.
>
> In that case I'd definately go with the suggestion of creating access
> functions and logging to a table from within them. Just make sure to
> mark the functions as volatile.

But what if the user calls the access function, sees the data, then
issues a ROLLBACK?  The audit record would be rolled back as well (as
Tom pointed out earlier).

You could use dblink to log to  a separate audit database, I suppose.

-Doug

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Compression and on-disk sorting