Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 performance - fsync question

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 performance - fsync question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:

> * Linux, with fsync (default), write-cache enabled: usually no data
> corruption, but two runs which had

Are you verifying that all the data that was committed was actually stored? Or
just verifying that the database works properly after rebooting?

I'm a bit surprised that the write-cache lead to a corrupt database, and not
merely lost transactions. I had the impression that drives still handled the
writes in the order received.

You may find that if you check this case again that the "usually no data
corruption" is actually "usually lost transactions but no corruption".

--
greg

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] invalid multibyte character for locale
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 performance - fsync question